This is my first time cooking sesame seed tofu.
Here’s what you need: 70g roasted white sesame seeds, 50g Kuzuko powder, 440ml water, 1 teaspoon of soy sauce, and a dash of grinded ginger root.
1. Use a Japanese mortar and pastel to grind the white sesame seeds for 30 minutes to make them pasty. Next add some water and mix together well.
2. Slowly pour the paste into a bowl using a metal sifter and add kuzuko powder.
3. Mix well for about 10 minutes then bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low.
4. Place it in a stainless flat tray and cool it down by emerging the whole tray in water. It will harden quickly.
5. Cut into pieces and it’s ready to serve.
6. Add soy sauce and ginger to taste.